For those looking for Lent 3… we took that week off because it was Spring Break here in Texas! 🙂
You can use any cake mix for this recipe… Betty Crocker’s Cherry Chip Cake Mix can be tricky to find. I have made this recipe with chocolate fudge cake mix & funfetti cake mix and the were awesome too!
Also – I usually double this recipe.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist Cherry Chip Cake Mix
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ package of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cake mix & shortening together with electric mixer.
- Add milk & egg.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until tops start to turn golden brown.